Emergency Management Coordinator
P. O. Box 209
575 Main Street
Tchula, MS 39169
(662) 235-5126 (Office)
(662) 235-5137 (Fax)
The Emergency Management Coordinator is responsible for managing the county’s Office of Emergency Management during each of the four phases of Emergency Management, which include: response, recovery, preparedness, and mitigation planning.
The Emergency Management Coordinator is also responsible for:
• Coordinating training programs and emergency operations drills.
• Assisting departments with their emergency and mitigation plans.
• Operating the Emergency Operations Center when necessary to manage the distribution of county services and resources to respond to and recover from a man-caused or natural event of significant impact to the county.
• Administering the submittal process for federal and state reimbursement claims for the county’s costs during emergency operations.
• Managing grant funding that is received through various grant programs established under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
For more information on Emergency Preparedness, Click Here