Holmes County Administrator
P. O. Box 239
408 Court Square
Lexington, MS 39095
(662) 834-0911 (Phone)
(662) 834-3345 (Fax)
In a beat system of county government, the board of supervisors is authorized, in its discretion, to employ a county administrator. The person employed as county administrator must hold at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and must have knowledgeable experience in any of the following fields: work projection, budget planning, accounting, purchasing, cost control, personnel management, and road construction procedures. The administrator, under the policies determined by the board of supervisors and subject to the board’s general supervision and control, administers county affairs falling under the control of the board and carries out the general policies of the board.
Emergency Management Coordinator
P. O. Box 209
575 Main Street
Tchula, MS 39169
(662) 235-5126 (Phone)
(662) 235-5137 (Fax)
The Emergency Management Coordinator is responsible for managing the county’s Office of Emergency Management during each of the four phases of Emergency Management, which include: response, recovery, preparedness, and mitigation planning.
The Emergency Management Coordinator is also responsible for:
• Coordinating training programs and emergency operations drills.
• Assisting departments with their emergency and mitigation plans.
• Operating the Emergency Operations Center when necessary to manage the distribution of county services and resources to respond to and recover from a man-caused or natural event of significant impact to the county.
• Administering the submittal process for federal and state reimbursement claims for the county’s costs during emergency operations.
• Managing grant funding that is received through various grant programs established under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Veterans’ Affairs Officer
Holmes County Chancery Courthouse
2 Court Square
P. O. Box 1211
Lexington, MS 39095
(662) 235-0143 (Phone)
It is our goal of the Holmes County Veterans’ Affairs to provide excellence in patient care, veterans’ benefits and customer satisfaction. We strive for high quality, prompt and seamless service to veterans. We offer dedication and commitment to help veterans get the services they have earned. Our nation’s veterans deserve no less.
For more information, please go to www.va.gov
A summary of Federal Benefits for Veterans and Dependents offered is as follows:
1. Veterans Benefits Administration
- Life Insurance
- Home Loan Guaranty
- Disability Compensation and Pension
- Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment
- Family and Survivor Benefits
2. National Cemetery Administration
- Burial of Veterans in a VA National Cemetery
- Memorial Remembrances-Headstones, Markers, Presidential Memorial Certificates, and Burial Flags
3. Veterans Health Administration
- Preventive Medicine Services
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- Home Health Care
- Drugs & Pharmaceutical
- Respite & Hospice Care
- Homeless Veterans Programs